A Decade Or So Ago・As Tears Go By | Kenjiro Okazaki
4 August - 29 August, 2020
Venue : Takuro Someya Contemporary Art
Takuro Someya Contemporary Art is pleased to present Kenjiro Okazaki’s solo exhibition A Decade or So Ago・As Tears Go By . This exhibition features 12 works made prior to 2010, selected by Okazaki for their special meaning to him, and range from related paintings to sculpture and tile works. This is a rare occasion in which to see these varied works, carefully preserved by the artist, together in relation to one another. We hope that viewing Okazaki’s works from a decade or so ago may provide an opportunity to look anew at the difficulties of our present moment, and perhaps provide a hint as to how to move from a reflection on the past toward a view of the prospective future.
Kenjiro Okazaki | A Decade or So Ago・As Tears Go By
Exhibition period: Tuesday, August 4 – Saturday, August 29
Summer holiday: Sunday, August 9 – Monday, August 17
Closed: Sunday, Monday, and national holidays
Opening hours: Tuesday – Saturday 12:00 – 18:00 (*limited hours)
Venue: Takuro Someya Contemporary Art
TERRADA Art Complex 3F TSCA
Higashi Shinagawa 1-33-10, Shinagawa-ku, Tokyo 140-0002
TEL 03-6712-9887 | FAX 03-4578-0318 | E-MAIL: firstname.lastname@example.org
Viewing by Appointment Only
This exhibition will be open by appointment only.
To make an appointment, please contact us at email@example.com by 6:00PM the day prior to your desired appointment with the following information:
- Desired appointment (date and time)
- Number of people in group (up to 5 total; up to 3 will be allowed simultaneous entry)
- Cell phone number
Our Commitment to Safety During COVID-19
We will continue to operate on limited hours, from 12:00PM-6:00PM.
In order to prevent the further spread of COVID-19, we will take the following additional actions:
- All visitors will be required to wear a mask upon entry into the gallery
- All visitors will be asked to disinfect their hands with alcohol spray at the entrance
- Entrance will be limited to 3 people at one time
- We ask that anyone with the following symptoms refrain from visiting the gallery:
* Temperature over 37 degrees Celsius
* Any cold symptoms (including fever, coughing, sneezing, sore throat)
* Strong fatigue or difficulty breathing
* Received a COVID-19 diagnosis or been in close recent contact with someone who has received a COVID-19 diagnosis
* Other concerns about their health
Gallery staff will monitor their health daily, including temperature checks, and take part in other preventative measures such as wearing a mask while working.
Under certain circumstances, we may be required to deny new appointments, cancel previously made appointments, or temporarily close the gallery. We ask for your understanding and cooperation in the case that any of these situations arise.